Tiny Finger Point Hand With Heart pandaroma: Mighty minds grand final 2014 (part 2)

18 October 2014

Mighty minds grand final 2014 (part 2)

This was the day I've awaited. The 3 of us couldn't get a good night's sleep. I remembered Angeline and I felt light-headed and nausea in the lif. We ate buffet at citicafe. The nervousness made me loss appetite. I'll not fancy any perishables even if there's the most appealing dishes are served. Despite feeling dizzy and nauseous, we're still being able to take pictures..







With a loss of appetite, I could only intake a spoonful of food and drink a small glass of milk :(

Then all of us gathered outside the hall before proceeding into it. I was damn nervous! We sat on our seats. The emcee gave us a talk before all of the participants followed the carrier cluelessly. We had reached at an unfamiliar shop. It was very early that we have to wait for the shop to open. The whole mall was pitch black with a flicker of lights hanging on the ceiling. While waiting, some of the teams were interviewed by a group of reporters with some broadcasters.

Once it is opened, everyone rushed in like busy little bees, racing against time to get materials for building their models. While, we were trying our best to get the items on our to-buy-list. We need to buy the materials below RM100 and each of us was given 45 minutes to shop. Without a tinge of doubt, we selected items as fast as we could but in a more precise way.

Luckily for us, we've managed to select our materials and queue up in the nick of time. The total price was below RM95. It was a relieve.

After that, we rushed outside and we turned out to be the last lower secondary team to be there, queuing up at the back. We ran back to the hall and perspires slightly. It was definitely exhausting once we reached there. Upon grabbing the pencils and drinking mineral bottles provided, we calmly sat back to our seat.

And the competition started.

All of us were busying to build our model within 1 hour. Gladly we've done building our Chill'n in almost 50 minutes.. Here's a sneak peek of our model: (captured by my teacher)



So we've done!



After this, all of us went out to prepare for the next challenge- Oral presentation.. We were busy memorizing our parts.



I don't understand why I am so freaking nervous. Even if I have already memorized my parts, but still, nervousness crept out and I've forgotten my part! The worst of all... when it's my turn, I was literally stuttering and it turned out to be incomplete because of insufficient time.. :(







After presenting in front of the judges, we went to be seated while waiting to be interviewed..



Well ahaha you know what am I going to say during our interview... "I am regretted not to be able to give my best performace"

Then, we went eating at Citicafe while preparing for the next challenge.. Buzzer quiz!
I had no appetite, as usual. I ate porridge again (and a bowl of ice cream) hahaha =.=

Before the competition, we were given motivation speech by honorable guests. Then, it's time for our last challenge.

Frankly, we only knew answers of 4 questions. The other teams did very well in this section. While we're hesitated to press the buzzer because we wouldn't want to risk..

So we ended up getting a nought *hahaha*



As it was the first time we've ever made to the final, we've learned many lessons from it.

And the winners!



They were awesome ! It's not easy to be a champion.. congratulations :)

One last group picture!

\

Gan brought the flag and I have no idea why LOL

At night, we decided to watch a  movie and we've selected a comedy genre of it. :) The movie ends at 12.30am. We felt tired and went back to sleep.

Okay, a sum of day 2: About 10 hours of competition, we've learned many things from it. Although we didn't win, but we won friendship and teamwork.

Stay tune for day 3! (last part)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback :) Please enjoy reading my blog!