Tiny Finger Point Hand With Heart pandaroma: Almost a victim

09 December 2016

Almost a victim

I'm almost a fraud victim. It all started with selling my storybook at mudah.my , but it's not the website's fault though, but it's the buyers who are giving me a chilling sense!
First I received a whatsapp message from a totally foreigner who introduced me that he's from UK and he's been looking for this book for a long time. He asked for me to snap any other storybooks I have and he wants to buy all with a high price. It sounds fishy. I wasted 4 hours dealing with that buyer. He wants me to go to the ATM asap to bank in RM650 for the so-called "activation fee". Luckily I didn't fall into his trap as I've managed to ask a seller at facebook about selling things to overseas. The seller advised me not to trust the buyer as it sounds ridiculous to pay such high price for a mere storybook. I was save from this trouble.

Then, two days later, which is today, I received 2 interested buyers who are as well interested in buying the storybook. The former was from USA so my first instinct was to shoo him away. The latter was a local phone number so I thought he/she is really from Malaysia and are interested in buying the book. I gave it a try. He/she asks me if I could ship it to Kedah and I replied, providing my bank account number, name and email. Then, a few hours later, I received an email from my spam box. It is from Credit Union bank and the bank asks for me to pay RM400 as the buyer overpaid. Then I grew suspicious and googled the bank. The official page of the bank has declared a statement regarding the online fraud. Then I realised I had almost make a mistake. Luckily I google searched, or not I'll be the next victim of these damn scammers!!

In fact, I found something wrong. Typing the exact phone number into wechat and searching for the user profile, it does not match with the name who "banked in" to my account. The name used to bank in my account is a Chinese name, but in his/her wechat, it's not a Chinese name. And he/she wants to buy 2 books, but in the item list there's only 1. This is so damn wrong. Caught ya scammer!!

I personally advise people who intend to sell things on mudah.my to take extra caution on the buyers. Never deal with someone who make you have a weird instinct, especially foreign numbers. Please do it by COD if possible. That's safer. Don't be the next victim!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback :) Please enjoy reading my blog!